Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Carmen

Jacket & Shirt: H&M | Skirt: Vintage | Boots: Truffle | Backpack: Primark

I wore this outfit a couple of weekends ago when I went with my family to see English National Opera's modern take on Bizet's Carmen. In short, it is a story about a gypsy girl who falls out of love almost as quickly as she falls into it. I admit, my family mainly wanted to see Carmen as my little cousin was one of the child singers in the show, so it was really exciting to see her on stage. The show was fantastic and I definitely recommend it to anyone new to the opera scene like myself. And to anyone who is afraid they won't understand any of the words, if you sit in the upper circle there are subtitles!!

The skirt I am wearing, which I apolagise for not getting any photos of,is a suede hand me down from a 90's Topshop collection I believe, and it is officially one of my favourite skirts and also quite trendy too as I think Topshop is stocking suede skirts at the moment. Despite it being well into summer in these photos, this ouitfit was quite a warm one, but you just can't be sure with British weather, so its best to wear layers and take them off through out the day I suppose!

Hope you are all having a fabulous week!

Love Zaynab 
xx

4 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Love your hair and the outfit. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a brilliant show, even more special that your cousin was singing in it. Love your jacket! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely in love with your hair and outfit! ♥
    bian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one. Also feel free to leave your blog link, I'll be sure to check it out!!