Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hatful Of Hollow and Other Happenings


   

I've been meaning to write this post for ages but my life at the moment is a mixture of laziness paired with not having any time for the things I want to do. I seriously can't wait to get my GCSEs over and done with!! I bought this t-shirt a couple of weeks ago in Camden as I had been really wanting a band t-shirt to style and Hatful Of Hollow is my favourite compilation album by The Smiths, who I professed my love for in my last post. I wore it with my button down skirt from H&M and on another day I wore it with my a shirt which I got from Rokit Vintage in Camden and my permanently-fused-to-my-body Topshop mom jeans. For some reason I feel like a skateboard would have really completed that second look, however me falling over on one might have ruined it!

  

In other news I went to my second concert a couple of weeks ago to see another favourite band of mine,with my friend Reece, at Brixton's O2 Academy. This was my second time seeing The 1975 live (you can read about the first time here), but this time was on the tour for their new album " I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It", which is a bit of a mouthful but contains some pretty amazing songs. I would say my favourites from this new album are "UGH!", "If I Believe You", "Somebody Else" and "A Change Of Heart". We managed to get quite close to the stage and the band looked so cool in front of this fantastic light installation which changed colours for every song! Although it did get a bit squashed at times, I still enjoyed singing until I couldn't anymore and I really hope I can go to some more concerts soon!

I hope that you are all having a nice Sunday!

Zaynab 

x

Listening to:  I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It - The 1975

8 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! The 1975 are amazinggggg, oh my god. I would love to see them in concert. It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And I love them they're such a great band!!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute outfit!!! The Smiths + buttoned denim skirt = LOOOVVEEEE. Also, I've been to a The 1975 concert, and truth be told, one of the worst crowds I've experienced, BUT the band clearly know how to pull off an amazing show so that made it much better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! And at the first concert I went to I had SO MUCH SPACE but this venue was smaller and much more packed however I do agree that the band managed to make the experience so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both of those outfits are so cute!!! i've wanted a denim skirt for absolutely ages and i haven't gotten round to getting one just yet :( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. loveeeee your shirt! The Smiths <3. Forever. Love your braids too!

    Aida
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one. Also feel free to leave your blog link, I'll be sure to check it out!!