Thursday, June 02, 2016

art or something like that


Other than for school, I don't really take much time out to draw, paint or doodle all that much and I really wish I did. There is something especially calming about putting a pen or paintbrush to paper whilst listening to you favourite music. I really love and am inspired by the beautiful collages/illustrations often on Rookie however I also draw inspiration from the most random of places from films, to songs, to my tumblr dashboard and I thought I would share with you some of my favourite small pieces, I've produced from 2015 to 2016. Hopefully I will be posting some more work up on here soon! 

Hope you're having a good week! 

Zaynab
x

8 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! i really want to try and start doing this too and rookie is amazing! i always download their collage kits and stuff :) i really like the first two and the last two btw x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i feel what you mean when you say that 'there is something especially calming about putting a pen or paintbrush to paper whilst listening to your favourite music'. i find making crappy collages in my own journal incredibly therapeutic. these are lovely! amazing! wow! keep it up!

    kalopcia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And yes, I totally agree, its so emotionally cathartic! x

      Delete
  3. Rookie collages always inspire me as well!! They've got such awesome pieces, I love them. I love making a collage (or doodling) and having a music or a show in the background. That's definitely my ideal way of spending my alone time (with chocolate, too, of course). These pieces are so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And I love catching up on my favourite series while creating art too, I've finished so many episodes of shows and pieces simultaneously! x

      Delete
  4. Your work is always the coolest! x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one. Also feel free to leave your blog link, I'll be sure to check it out!!