Tuesday, July 05, 2016

"when a man is tired of london, he is tired of life"



Would it be so entirely cliche to speak of the hiatus I've taken since I last blogged? I think it probably would, so I shall ramble on about something else. I recently spent a fun day just walking around in London with one of my best mates and even tried Five Guys (must eat 4 burger luvas) for the first time and it got me thinking about how weird it is that despite being a Londoner I hardly ever venture into central London to experience all of the wonderful things the city has to offer, this is further proved by the fact that I have to use ALL the street maps plus google maps to get around, shameful... I know. I definitely think it is as a result of a numerous factors one being that school usually takes up a huge portion of my days and another being that I take it all for granted. I always feel fortunate to live in a place where things happen, I am a city girl at heart and feel a certain comfort of the rush hour crowds in a way that perhaps not everybody does, but by knowing something is there, ready for me to do at anytime I want, at the tap of an oyster card, it makes me put it off til tomorrow and onto a list of things I'll do one day. On that note, I really want to try and take advantage of more of the great things there are to see and do in this city when I can (also exhibitions don't last for ever sadly :( ).

Zaynab

xx

6 comments:

  1. These pictures are so pretty!!!! Also, I totally get not really knowing where everything is in your hometown. I feel like i've lived in my city for so long, but still don't know the little cool places here, and I'm suure there is!!!! I definitely want to explore more, locally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And yes I totally get what you mean!!

      Delete
  2. I feel you! I'm going to university in my hometown and I swear my classmates have done more ~Austin activities~ in the 2-4 years they've been living here than I have in my entire life. Its kind of funny, actually. But yes, keep exploring! It's honestly one of my favorite things to do with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And SAME, people who only temporarily live where I live seem to have seen waay more cool attractions than me in my entire lifetime and are so much more savvy!

      Delete
  3. I live in this small town that is literally in the middle of nowhere lol, but I would love to visit London one day. It looks so lovely. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And yes you should definitely visit one day!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one. Also feel free to leave your blog link, I'll be sure to check it out!!