Friday, September 02, 2016

this summer

Photos from my disposable camera taken this summer. 
This time next month I will be well into the academic year and hopefully engrossed in the subjects that I have chosen to continue on into further education, as well as making the most of my student discount card *winks*. But this post is not about school life, this post is an ode to summer, dare I say one of my favourite summer's yet, I would say a lot of this has been due to taking part in NCS. When lots of good, exciting or interesting things happen to me at once my brain becomes a mush of endless psycho babble and I am unable to come up with anything remotely coherent to describe what I am feeling. When this happens a list is the best solution, so here I shall share some of the things I did this summer:
  • I rock climbed for the first time and was proud of how well I had done.
  • I met some amazing people (best friend material tbh) on NCS, many I hope to stay friends with. 
  • I saw The X Factor 6 chair challenge live and though it was quite enjoyable I have vowed not to watch the X Factor as in my opinion it is a watered down version of The Hunger Games.  
  • I got my GCSE results and passed all of my exams and am still in shock from an A* in English Literature. 
  • I expanded my musical horizons as a listener.
  • I discovered Netflix Originals are a way of life ( *cough cough* The Get Down and Stranger Things)
  • I danced with my school friends at prom and everything felt very final but in a happy kind of way.
  • I visited the British Museum and V&A and realised I have seriously been missing out on the museums London has to offer. 
  • My flatmates and I on the second week of NCS, during which we stayed at Greenwhich uni, cooked an entire meal with one knife. #studentlife #whenncstriestokillyou
  • I discovered I am hopeless at card games and should avoid them at any cost.
  • I went on a 19km hike and came out alive. 
  • Lastly, I actually did something with my time other than being on the internet constantly which is a big deal for me. I mean I'm still online a lot, but I won't lie it was super nice to have something else much more worthwhile to do. 

Zaynab
x

11 comments:

  1. This post makes me so incredibly happy because I was in your EXACT SAME POSITION exactly a year ago!! Firstly, congrats with exams!!, I hope the next two years treat you well (even though they kinda suck), and secondly, I did NCS last year and I really enjoyed it too, and it's so cool that you have as well! (we stayed at greenwich uni too, what a coincidence?!?) The disposables you took look so dreamy and nostalgic, and it looks/sounds like it's been an awesome summer.

    Zoe xo
    http://delicate--musings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the well wishes!! And im so glad you enjoyed your NCS too! I think Greenwhich uni was the london residential place as we saw another London NCS group whilst we were there haha! x

      Delete
  2. oh my god these photos have reminded me that i still haven't developed my photos yet. oh well :( they're still gorgeous though and you did so much stuff this summer! congratulations on your grades and hopefully you'll enjoy your studies and the reformed a levels and stuff. i'm in my last year and i am SO excited x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you can get your photos developed soon too! Its always such a fun surprise as its easy to forget what youve taken!! Also I hope you enjoy your last year of school!! x

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you had such a great summer!!! Congrats on everything and these disposables are obviously so so so so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos. and congrats on your results and the A*!
    Yess to The Get Down and Stranger Things!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And yes they're such amazing shows!! x

      Delete
  5. I love this post!! I'm glad you had a good summer <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had the best summer Zaynab! I LOVE the V&A and the British Museum, I could spend hours there <3 I'm also secretly v jealous that you saw TXF live!
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one. Also feel free to leave your blog link, I'll be sure to check it out!!